Close
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    Oh sure. I've been around the block enough times to regard anything but a signed contract as rumors ;-)
    Yeah... it'll be long wait to see how this car will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by whoster View Post
    gosh i really do hope they bring it here otherwise i joined this forum for nothing
    It could be same thing as FT-86 Concept... for 2yrs no new info and then BAM! Toyota and Scion announcing the final ver.

...or it could be like FT-1. Just tease/torture all the Supra for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
    If nothing else I can guarantee you that we will at least be entertaining! So not for nothing.
    All the holidays are coming up. I'll be checking the forums more often lol
    Balance is everything

Cars
    in between cars
    Likes (Received)
    gosh i really do hope they bring it here otherwise i joined this forum for nothing
    Haha wouldn't be the first time that's happened to me. Way back in 2006 when Mazda showed the Kabura I joined the Kabura forum hoping it would be released. It never happened and several of us former Kabura forum members went on to join the FT86Club and now the sfrforums! lol

Cars
    FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Ok, yeah, my experiences are from north and central Africa only. It's a huge continent.
    - I've crossed the equator on foot twice in Africa, btw :-)
    No big deal by itself. It's how deeply those feet ventured into each hemisphere that tells the story.

Cars
    FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Ok, actually it's really cool.

Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
    No big deal by itself. It's how deeply those feet ventured into each hemisphere that tells the story.
    You're absolutely right :-)

In this case the cool thing was being on a guided safari for 7 days in an old Toyota HiAce mini bus.
    Stopping at a tourist trap site on the equator and proceeding to stroll leisurely across the line and back again while having a cig was no big deal at all ;-)
    I just like saying "I've crossed the equator on foot twice" because it's technically true and sounds kinda awesome.

This, however, was genuinely awesome.

Samburu Wildlife Reserve, Kenya
    Likes Tcoat, Ultramaroon liked this post

Cars
    FRS
    Likes (Received)
    You're absolutely right :-)

In this case the cool thing was being on a guided safari for 7 days in an old Toyota HiAce mini bus.
    Stopping at a tourist trap site on the equator and proceeding to stroll leisurely across the line and back again while having a cig was no big deal at all ;-)
    I just like saying "I've crossed the equator on foot twice" because it's technically true and sounds kinda awesome.

This, however, was genuinely awesome.

Samburu Wildlife Reserve, Kenya
    It would be much more impressive if you said you had twice been carried over the equator by a cheetah!
    Likes Sarlacc liked this post

Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Likes (Received)
    It would be much more impressive if you said you had twice been carried over the equator by a cheetah!
    That's a leopard... but yeah, any cat able to carry my blubber laden carcass anywhere would be very impressive indeed.
    - Most of the wild felines (and quite a few house cats I've encountered) would have no trouble killing me, though.
    This one male lion in Masai Mara gave me that cold stare that communicated quite clearly "you feel safe in that metal box, you smelly piece of juicy meat; but I dare you to take one step out here. Then we'll dance."

- Anyway, feel free to get back to topic at any point. I apologize for my digressions.
    Likes Tcoat liked this post

Cars
    hachi-roku
    Likes (Received)
    If this car is being developed (mostly) in-house as Tetsuya Tada's project (along with the Toyobaru Twins and the forever upcoming Supra resurrection), it SHOULD be sold outside of Japan, at least for it to be a sound business case.

Whether it'll make the journey across the Pacific will be a different story.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    If this car is being developed (mostly) in-house as Tetsuya Tada's project (along with the Toyobaru Twins and the forever upcoming Supra resurrection), it SHOULD be sold outside of Japan, at least for it to be a sound business case.

Tada-san is overseeing the project, but he isn't Chief Engineer for this project.
    Balance is everything

Cars
    '13 FR-S
    Likes (Received)

Everything outside of Japan is "across the Pacific"

Cars
    hachi-roku
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
    Everything outside of Japan is "across the Pacific"

touche, sir.

but i meant to the americas

Cars
    FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    That's a leopard...
    lolol - startled mrs. ultra.
    Likes Sarlacc liked this post

Cars
    in between cars
    Likes (Received)
    nah it would be more impressive if it was him carrying the baby impala in his mouth.

Cars
    1989 Toyota Cressida 1988 BMW 750IL 1993 240sx
    Likes (Received)
    I hope I am wrong but I don't think we are going to be sold this car here in the usa. If for some reason we do get it I highly doubt it will be sold at a reasonable price of less than $22,000 fully loaded. I also doubt if it makes it into US production it will be sold as Toyota, and I also doubt this will put out enough power to live up too the hype, or at least the performance of the Mazda MX-5. My best guess is if this makes it as a US production car, it will have a base price of $25,000 or more, and it will be sold as a Scion with some lame alpha-numeric name with less than 200hp.
    Perfect example of this is the new Mazda MX-5 with a starting price of $25,000 with only 150hp. For the S-FR not to be a flop it has to beat the price and performance of the MX-5, or otherwise why would people choose too buy it over the MX-5? Its only saving grace over the MX-5 is its a practical car because of its backseat. And that wont be enough too make the pure and proper RWD sport car enthusiast buy it over the MX-5. And with the high price tag this will most likely have, wont make the non enthusiast looking for cheap reliable transportation want to buy it either. For this car too succeed in sales and continue to be sold and make it into the regular dealer lineup, for the next 5-10 years. It will have to be sold in the cheap economy car range, with a starting price of $17,000 or less. Which wont happen either.

Cars
    /
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost Lee View Post
    For this car too succeed in sales and continue to be sold and make it into the regular dealer lineup, for the next 5-10 years. It will have to be sold in the cheap economy car range, with a starting price of $17,000 or less. Which wont happen either.
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for though, that they're going to make it (one of) the cheapest sportscars with a starting price in the 12-17k range, the 20k-30k range is saturated as F with hot hatches, mustang and GT86. I'd like to see them just modify an existing platform to be RWD (or a cheaper GT86 platform), and an existing engine but lightly modified, as rumoured. The cheap coupe market right now is empty (outside of the ageing Abarth 500 maybe), it'd be a weird tactical decision to aim for a price range thats saturated instead of one loaded with competitors. Besides, if they price the SFR at 20k$ it wont only get competition from the MX5, but from secondhand GT86's aswell.

Might be just my opinion, or dream even, but I think they really should aim for a true entry-level sportscar.
    Likes carboy, Vertignasse, Boost Lee liked this post