Close
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Cars
    Volvo
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichitaka05 View Post
    You quoted

But it doesn't say Toyota stated S-FR won't be released in US. It can take that comment as, S-FR concept won't be coming to US, so it won't be in Detroit. Currently S-FR is in TAS next to S-FR Racing Concept, so that's why it's not coming to US... Detroit.

I guess it depends upon the meaning of "won't be coming to the US." Fingers crossed the authors were only referring to the NAIAS and not the US market.

Cars
    FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    You quoted

But it doesn't say Toyota stated S-FR won't be released in US. It can take that comment as, S-FR concept won't be coming to US, so it won't be in Detroit. Currently S-FR is in TAS next to S-FR Racing Concept, so that's why it's not coming to US... Detroit.
    I agree with Ichitaka05. If I read it carefully, I take it as that specific concept car that was at the Tokyo Motor Show won't be coming to U.S. If that car isn't coming to U.S., then it won't be at the Detroit Mortor Show. One concept car not coming to one motor show here does not mean the car won't be released here.

Cars
    Civic Si
    Likes (Received)
    Even if you guys are reading it correctly, if you step back and look at this... why would a car manufacturer build a concept (meant to garner feedback) and not show it in one of their most important markets if they plan to offer the production version of the car there?

We're all in the same boat and want to see the car here, but I believe this is wishful thinking. The signs have not been good.
    Likes VegasTerp liked this post

Cars
    '11 Impreza 5-door Sport Package
    Likes (Received)
    The only hope I have comes from the fact that Toyota has several times mentioned that they have a vision/plan for a lineup including three sport cars, and that they want the S-FR to be positioned at the bottom of this trio, below the FR-S and the "next Supra" (whatever that thing is called now). I won't bother providing links here because I'm confident all of the crowd on this forum has already read those comments from Toyota. Now I personally don't think they would talk about such a grand vision to journalists at auto shows if they only had the Japanese market in mind. Of course, that could very well be wishful thinking from my part. Again, fingers crossed.

Cars
    FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    Even if you guys are reading it correctly, if you step back and look at this... why would a car manufacturer build a concept (meant to garner feedback) and not show it in one of their most important markets if they plan to offer the production version of the car there?

We're all in the same boat and want to see the car here, but I believe this is wishful thinking. The signs have not been good.
    That's very true and logical. I want to keep my hope up, but it's not looking so good
    Likes VegasTerp liked this post

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post

Because there is only ONE S-FR concept & ONE S-FR Racing Concept... & Toyota is showing it off both this weekend in TAS. It's kinda hard to ship S-FR to Detroit AND Tokyo within same week.

Hope that make sense
    Likes Asone liked this post

Balance is everything

Cars
    FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Because there is only ONE S-FR concept & ONE S-FR Racing Concept... & Toyota is showing it off both this weekend in TAS. It's kinda hard to ship S-FR to Detroit AND Tokyo within same week.

Hope that make sense
    Yes! I feel happier today.

Cars
    1999 VW GTI, Ex. VW LUPO, Porsche 964 C2, Porsche 911 SC Targa, BMW 2002, Audi 4000s QUATTRO
    Likes (Received)
    Some nice detail pictures here:

http://autos.goo.ne.jp/news/263088/i...age_id=1181191

I still really like the nav/audio solution...Just plug in your smartphone!

You can just catch a glimpse of the rear seats...Think they will be useable for kids?

Likes Vertignasse, Benji, carboy liked this post

Cars
    WRX
    Likes (Received)

Hope that make sense
    Thank you for giving us hope with this reasonable explanation.

And I hope this is the only reason is not at Detroit, and not because of what some articles are saying -- that it wasn't brought to the show because there's no plans to offer it in N. America.

Cars
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan76Japan View Post
    Some nice detail pictures here:

http://autos.goo.ne.jp/news/263088/i...age_id=1181191

You can just catch a glimpse of the rear seats...Think they will be useable for kids?

Wow I didn't realize the entire roof was one big piece of clear glass! I hope this stays in the production model!

Cars
    NB Miata
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan76Japan View Post
    Thanks for the pics! I really like the audio solution too but I think companies should go further and offer versions of things like the SFR in a barely road legal version that doesn't have anything that people want to swap out/upgrade with after market stuff, like the speakers, don't include any at all, just the wiring and mounting points or the wheels/suspension, provide the CHEAPEST steelies and shocks known to man just to make "road legal" on the proviso that you are going to be swapping them out anyway and that you don't judge the performance of the car as it comes.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertignasse View Post
    Wow I didn't realize the entire roof was one big piece of clear glass! I hope this stays in the production model!
    In the interview, the designer said, prob not.
    Balance is everything

Cars
    Civic Si
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by PZero View Post
    Thank you for giving us hope with this reasonable explanation.

And I hope this is the only reason is not at Detroit, and not because of what some articles are saying -- that it wasn't brought to the show because there's no plans to offer it in N. America.
    I think we'll get a good idea in early March depending on whether it shows up in Geneva. It would be an awesome sign if they brought it there, if it's only for Japan they won't be showing it anywhere else.

Cars
    Likes (Received)
    In the interview, the designer said, prob not.
    Aww... I guess that really was too good to be true. I just hope they manage to keep the weight down using all the tricks in the book.

Cars
    Z3
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertignasse View Post
    Aww... I guess that really was too good to be true. I just hope they manage to keep the weight down using all the tricks in the book.
    It's a small car with a small engine so it'll need all the help it can get in the weight department. A heavier glass roof at the highest point of the car would probably hurt performance.

@Ichitaka05 you have any contacts at Toyota that can at least confirm or deny if the S-FR will be Japan market only?