Close
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Cars
    '11 Impreza 5-door Sport Package
    Likes (Received)
    I'm hoping the same. It would be fantastic if it could be around the same price as a Honda Fit. It will certainly have to be under 25k, if it's meant to fit below the FR-S in the envisioned Toyota sport car trio.

I currently can't afford to own an FR-S as a second car, but I could probably afford a 15k S-FR. Fingers crossed.
    Likes Boost Lee liked this post

Cars
    2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 2003 Ducati ST4s (MC), 2012 Honda Civic (wife)
    Likes (Received)
    First post on this forum, I think the Car is really in the advanced stages of development, not just a mockup or a designers dream, the photo package shows to me the details have been worked out and the finial decisions on markets to place the vehicle are being made. The Scion/Subaru/Toyota FRS/BRZ/FT86 sales are slowing and dealers are forced to discount inventories, I am also surprised at the used car market for these vehicles, I have alerts everyday for low mile 2013, 2014 used going 16k-17k with very low miles. frankly I was well on my way to buying one, until sFR car arrived on the prototype circuit. I am replacing a 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder a concept following a formula, mid engine, rear wheel drive, 2 seater. I have high hopes Toyota decides to sell the car here. I think production needs to be limited, based on real demand, maybe order only. Will the idea that this car is based on the Mazda MX-5 please go away. Toyota Owns part of Subaru, Yamaha and is a top selling car around the world. Best thing that's happened to Mazda is Ford has sold control of the company back to Mazda.

Cars
    FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Spyder View Post
    Will the idea that this car is based on the Mazda MX-5 please go away. Toyota Owns part of Subaru, Yamaha and is a top selling car around the world. Best thing that's happened to Mazda is Ford has sold control of the company back to Mazda.
    Not for S-FR. But just FYI since it sounds like you don't know about this.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...-confront-cost

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...yota-together?

Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think it's a big deal if it sold side by side beside the FR-S with the S-FR name. They are both sporty cars, but each has their own look so it would be hard to mix the two up.
    It's gotta be less confusing than being at an Infiniti dealership (Q30:Compact Hatch, Q50:Sport Sedan, Q60:Coupe, Q70: LuxoSedan, Q70L:Luxobarge)

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinetis View Post
    I don't think it's a big deal if it sold side by side beside the FR-S with the S-FR name. They are both sporty cars, but each has their own look so it would be hard to mix the two up.
    It's gotta be less confusing than being at an Infiniti dealership (Q30:Compact Hatch, Q50:Sport Sedan, Q60:Coupe, Q70: LuxoSedan, Q70L:Luxobarge)
    Yeah... Infiniti is really confusing. I think, BMW win the "confuse the customer" category imo
    Balance is everything

Cars
    2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 2003 Ducati ST4s (MC), 2012 Honda Civic (wife)
    Likes (Received)
    Hey Thanks Asone,

I had no idea, from reading, its based on the 'Mazda 2 sedan' well now I have something to research. Thanks for the heads up but its not based on the MX-5. How about this question, I have seen it referred to as a 2+2, is it possible that such a small car with a 'fast back' rear end could also seat 2 small people?

Cars
    FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Spyder View Post
    How about this question, I have seen it referred to as a 2+2, is it possible that such a small car with a 'fast back' rear end could also seat 2 small people?

I think "possible" in this case is relative. You can decide if it's possible or not by looking at the picture on the top right. It's like someone could say "It's possible a person could bench press 500 lbs.", but it doesn't mean you can. Similarly, Toyota could say "A person could sit in the rear seat of S-FR.", but it doesn't mean you can.

Cars
    Volvo
    Likes (Received)
    Bad news for American fans of the S-FR. Automotive News had this to say about Toyota's display at the upcoming Detroit auto show: "The S-FR, a tiny rwd coupe shown in October at the Tokyo Motor Show, won't be coming to the U.S. and therefore won't be in Detroit."

Not sure about Automotive News' source, but it is a very reliable, industry publication.

Cars
    e30 r50 Mini
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasTerp View Post
    Bad news for American fans of the S-FR. Automotive News had this to say about Toyota's display at the upcoming Detroit auto show: "The S-FR, a tiny rwd coupe shown in October at the Tokyo Motor Show, won't be coming to the U.S. and therefore won't be in Detroit."
    I hope that isn't the case. I was really looking forward to seeing an update on this.
    We have a week to see if it's true or not.

Cars
    Civic Si
    Likes (Received)
    So, so disappointing if true. Meanwhile Mazda rejoices the Miata gets a free pass.

Also not happy about them teasing it in the US shows for no purpose. If not to gauge feedback, what then? I would think the markets they planned bring it to were more or less set already.

Cars
    Want S-FR
    Likes (Received)
    This is not a good way to start 2016. Hope more details are provided.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)

Not sure about Automotive News' source, but it is a very reliable, industry publication.
    Where's the reference site or publication site? Cuz I got different info bout that
    Likes Boost Lee, Asone liked this post

Balance is everything

Cars
    Volvo
    Likes (Received)
    Here is the link to the story I quoted.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...e-center-stage

I hope your source is more accurate than the paper's.

Cars
    1989 Toyota Cressida 1988 BMW 750IL 1993 240sx
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asone View Post

I think "possible" in this case is relative. You can decide if it's possible or not by looking at the picture on the top right. It's like someone could say "It's possible a person could bench press 500 lbs.", but it doesn't mean you can. Similarly, Toyota could say "A person could sit in the rear seat of S-FR.", but it doesn't mean you can.
    I don't care how many people, or if people of what size can fit back there. I just care that its rwd and manual with a backseat because japanese cars like that don't really exist in the usa anymore besides the handfull of cars that cost way more than they should. I only care that the backseat is there just in case I have to pick somebody up in a emergency situation when I may have a passenger already. I don't expect more than 2 people of my size (6-4/220lbs) to fit in the car comfortably in general. As far as I am concerned that back seat realistically to me. Makes it one more thing on the spec sheet that makes it seem like a actual car and not a toy. Im hoping the backseat is the excuse Toyota needs to tell themselves, that producing this car is practical. Because the world doesn't need this car, rwd purist enthusiast do.
    Likes Hoahao liked this post

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Here is the link to the story I quoted.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...e-center-stage

I hope your source is more accurate than the paper's.
    You quoted

Toyota

It's expected to be a quiet show for Toyota. The S-FR, a tiny rwd coupe shown in October at the Tokyo Motor Show, won't be coming to the U.S. and therefore won't be in Detroit. Toyota's press conference on the second day of the show, squeezed between suppliers' press events, will feature news about its infotainment offerings.
    But it doesn't say Toyota stated S-FR won't be released in US. It can take that comment as, S-FR concept won't be coming to US, so it won't be in Detroit. Currently S-FR is in TAS next to S-FR Racing Concept, so that's why it's not coming to US... Detroit.
    Balance is everything