Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Cars
    WRX
    Likes (Received)

Question Scion S-FR or Toyota S-FR?

So are we going to see this come out as a Scion or Toyota badged S-FR?

It's got a Toyota name for now but so did the FR-S when it was still in FT-86 concept form.

The Scion brand definitely built up some sports car reputation finally with the FR-S but I still think the Toyota badge would make this a stronger seller.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    I highly doubt, it'll be coming to US as a Toyota. It'll prob be Scion from the price range.

Cars
    Scion FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    If it even gets to the US, it'll be a Scion for sure. Although, with the tC and FRS already there, Scion's coupe lineup might be getting a little crowded...

Cars
    CBR600RR
    Likes (Received)
    Well it's supposed to be a modern Toyota Sports 800 right? Why not keep it Toyota then!

Name:  1464912578508261409.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  57.3 KB

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guff View Post
    If it even gets to the US, it'll be a Scion for sure. Although, with the tC and FRS already there, Scion's coupe lineup might be getting a little crowded...
    Well, that's not stopping Toyota from making more fat FWD cars in their line lol

Quote Originally Posted by Socalrider View Post
    Well it's supposed to be a modern Toyota Sports 800 right? Why not keep it Toyota then!
    Name:  1464912578508261409.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  57.3 KB
    I'm hoping it's fastback

Cars
    FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Definitely see the inspiration side by side with the Toyota Sports 800. The only thing is the retro and modern clash a bit on the concept. I'm hoping there are lots of revisions to the made before it gets anywhere close to production.

Cars
    2013 FR-S: Kosei K1 TS 17x7, OE camber bolts, Berk single-exit muffler delete
    Likes (Received)
    The way this thing is designed now it already looks very close to being a production model.

If it comes to the US it'll definitely be branded as a Scion. It honestly wouldn't make sense for it to be a Toyota here, given both brands' current images and marketing.

Cars
    WRX
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shark_bait88 View Post
    The way this thing is designed now it already looks very close to being a production model.

If it comes to the US it'll definitely be branded as a Scion. It honestly wouldn't make sense for it to be a Toyota here, given both brands' current images and marketing.
    What about the supposed new Supra that's coming then? That wouldn't fit into Toyota's image and marketing either. But no way they badge it a Scion!

Cars
    '13 FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Maybe a Lexus S-FR? LOL

I don't care what it comes over as, as long as it comes (and doesn't have a boxer motor!)...

Cars
    Civic Si
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
    Maybe a Lexus S-FR? LOL

I don't care what it comes over as, as long as it comes (and doesn't have a boxer motor!)...
    Can't wait to get rid of your car huh.

Don't care what the badge is.. Toyota, Scion, or even Mazda are all ok with me as long as it looks and performs well. There hasn't been a car like this to hit the market in a long time!

Cars
    Scion FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    This has to be a Scion. It doesn't fit Toyota at all.

As far as choosing one over the other, many ppl will have completed their 2012-2014 86/FR-S/BRZ loans by 2018-2019 so the choice might not be either/or but perhaps both.

Cars
    '13 FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
    This has to be a Scion. It doesn't fit Toyota at all.

As far as choosing one over the other, many ppl will have completed their 2012-2014 86/FR-S/BRZ loans by 2018-2019 so the choice might not be either/or but perhaps both.
    I'd happily get rid of the FR-S when the S-FR comes out - sell the FR-S and use it to mostly cover the price of the S-FR. Did I mention I have a strong dislike for boxer motors?...LOL

Cars
    2013 FR-S: Kosei K1 TS 17x7, OE camber bolts, Berk single-exit muffler delete
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by PZero View Post
    What about the supposed new Supra that's coming then? That wouldn't fit into Toyota's image and marketing either. But no way they badge it a Scion!
    Honestly, I'm not so sure about that at this point. People will flip their shit if it's a Scion, but Toyota US has made it pretty clear that Scion is where they're branding their new sports cars. We'll see for sure with the announcement of the S-FR, but I'd be shocked if it isn't a Scion in the US.
    "What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?"

2013 FR-S:17x7 Kosei K1 TS track/autox wheels, Berk single-exit muffler delete, and PMU Club Racer track pads.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    The Supra will be a Toyota, the FRS really streches how much a Scion should cost, and frankly Toyota should have a more luxury version called a Celica.

This will be a Scion. As long as it is under $20k and really 2200lbs or less, it should be great.

Cars
    in between cars
    Likes (Received)
    the FRS never should have been a scion in the first place. with the S-FR coming in at a lower price point, badge the S-FR a scion and badge the supra and 86 a toyota. better yet, just get rid of scion and badge them all toyotas.