Close
    Cars
    volvo
    Likes (Received)

SFR to be shown at the upcoming Tokyo Auto Show 2017?

I hope this is it. I hope it gets to production in 2018.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-what-we-know/

It'll Be Revealed Soon, At Least In Concept Form
    According to Japan's Best Car magazine, the Supra could make its debut as a concept car at the Tokyo Motor Show in October. Apparently, it'll share the stage with a version of the little, rear-drive S-FR Concept first shown at Tokyo in 2015, and intriguingly, some sort of sporty Corolla concept.

Cars
    Mx5
    Likes (Received)
    Can't wait.

All will be revealed this month (unless there's another tease), it's 'do or die' for the S-FR, we will have closure, it's either there or it isn't.

I'm expecting there to be an S-FR concept at Tokyo motor show, but hoping if there is that they'll 100% verbally commit to a production car and timeline.

I'm searching google for S-FR every day compulsively, it's an obsession. I just want someone to build a car I actually like.
    Likes swimstarguy liked this post

Cars
    volvo
    Likes (Received)
    I'm right there with you. SFR news hunting is now a part of my morning ritual. Here's another link to Toyota Dealer Showroom at Odaiba. It was posted last month.
    SFR Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9BtQP76JJA
    https://jalopnik.com/theres-no-deale...ase-1784091827

Cars
    Mx5
    Likes (Received)
    Tomorrow is the first press day of the show.

Toyota have in the past few days unveiled 10 new vehicles they'll be showing in Tokyo

http://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/tms2017/

They've already unveiled one sports coupe concept, the uninteresting "GR HV".

I'm having doubts the S-FR is going to be there. It would be surprising for Toyota to have more than 10 new vehicles at one motor show. It would be even more surprising for them to have more than one sports coupe concept. If there was a second coupe, I would be surprised if it was the S-FR and not the forthcoming "Supra", which has been constantly circulating in spy pics for months.

We knew about the S-FR concept in 2015 by this stage, and the 86 in 2011.

They might be waiting to do a big surprise reveal at the show, will know soon.

I'm a little bit excited about the Kawasaki z900rs, which is confirmed to be revealed tomorrow, maybe I'll switch my adoration to that bike if this Toyota sadly disappears. Also looking for the Honda Sports EV concept, but that's probably a long shot for production.

Cars
    e30 r50 Mini
    Likes (Received)
    I'm loosing hope. I've been checking the Toyota newsroom site every day. Even had an RSS feed setup. When they filled out the final "more info coming soon" placeholder with some bus and a taxi my heart sank. I don't see it happening at all. I'll still be watching updates on the show but I don't expect to see it there at all. It's a damn shame. I would have loved a small, light, rwd car I can take anywhere and fit/park anywhere.

Cars
    Mx5
    Likes (Received)
    Toyota's press conference has come and gone.

What a disappointment.

Cars
    volvo
    Likes (Received)
    Not to provide any false hope but the very much anticipated Toyota Supra was not present last night or yesterday.

Cars
    volvo
    Likes (Received)
    Am I seeing this correctly? the auto show is supposed to last till 5th of November.

Cars
    e30 r50 Mini
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by studentDriver View Post
    Am I seeing this correctly? the auto show is supposed to last till 5th of November.
    True but Toyota already did their reveals and press releases. There are no more placeholders on their disappointing TMS info webpage either. http://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/tms2017/
    I doubt there will be anything else released or teased at for the rest of the show.
    Likes ubik liked this post