Close
    Cars
    BMW
    Likes (Received)

Toyota S-FR II concept bound for Tokyo

http://blog.caranddriver.com/toyota-...orts-concepts/

In an attempt to show that Toyota means business with its effort to create a stronger sports-car range—one that encompasses small, medium and large sports cars—Japan’s number-one automaker also will unveil a purist coupe called the S-FR II concept, an evolution of the concept seen at the 2015 Tokyo auto show. With its huge grille, funky proportions, and short overhangs, the tiny rear-wheel-drive coupe will slot in at the bottom of Toyota’s sports-car lineup. It’s powered by a 116-hp turbocharged 1.2-liter four-cylinder engine or a 130-hp naturally aspirated 1.5-liter inline-four, with both versions expected to be offered with either a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission. Toyota’s “Mr. 86,” Tetsuya Tada, father of the Scion FR-S (now the Toyota 86), has been tasked with bringing the S-FR to global markets at a starting price under $15,000—and, yes, that potentially could include the United States.
    Likes swimstarguy, studentDriver liked this post

Cars
    WRX
    Likes (Received)
    On one hand I'm glad to see they intend to build it, but I have strong doubts about it making to US shores. I hope they drop some info about potential markets, no more playing with our emotions please.

Cars
    Mx5
    Likes (Received)
    Some good news at last, hope this isn't just made up rumour and comes true.

Surprised they're showing the 'supra' as a concept, I expected they'd be ready to show the production model.

Said to be a new Nissan Z at the Tokyo show also, but reportedly heading in the wrong direction with larger engines.

Cars
    BMW
    Likes (Received)
    finally going to see an official Supra concept too

Cars
    volvo
    Likes (Received)
    I'm so glad to see some updates about this car. I love the specs and don't really mind the 1.5 engine. I hope Toyota uses the same engine as the Yaris.

Cars
    Renaultsport Clio 200
    Likes (Received)
    Very exciting news!
    Fingers crossed they make it!