Close
    Cars
    Z3
    Likes (Received)

The Death of Scion Is an Opportunity for Toyota to Return to its Performance Roots

Road and Track article on the death of Scion. They concentrate on lobbying for a return of the FWD Celica type car, but I agree now that Scion has been axed, Toyota is free to bring out sports cars under the Toyota badge. They will already have the FR-S so why not add the S-FR under it as an even better entry level sports car to get younger buyers into the Toyota fold.

The Death of Scion Is an Opportunity for Toyota to Return to its Performance Roots

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...give-me-death/

Cars
    '11 Impreza 5-door Sport Package
    Likes (Received)
    I really wish Toyota would make a successor to the MR2 along with other new sporty cars, but I think the best we can hope for right now is for the the SF-R to be built and sold around the world. The trio of sport cars composed of the SF-R, FR-S and FT-1 is what Toyota has been talking about recently.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertignasse View Post
    I really wish Toyota would make a successor to the MR2 along with other new sporty cars, but I think the best we can hope for right now is for the the SF-R to be built and sold around the world. The trio of sport cars composed of the SF-R, FR-S and FT-1 is what Toyota has been talking about recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertignasse View Post
    A small MR layout sports car like an MR2 revival would be sweet but that's gotta be a tough business case to make. The last two small MR layout cars I can think of are the Elise and the 4C and those are super focused niche cars, probably the hardest things to get approved, especially in a big corporation like Toyota whose focus isn't on sports cars (unlike Lotus and Alfa Romeo).

The S-FR can't match an MR layout car but could still be fun and attract the same type of buyers that would want an MR car.

Cars
    Celica
    Likes (Received)
    Like I said in the other post, my hope is the revival of the Celica.

There are 4 different Celica's I can accept:

1) First gen: A SUPER stylish and very comfortable, affordable, reliable grand touring car
    2) st165
    3) st185
    4) st205

At this point in the game, is there any reason for Toyota not to consider getting back into the game with a st225? Beat the Focus RS & STi

At the least compete with the Type R.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysoos View Post
    Like I said in the other post, my hope is the revival of the Celica.

There are 4 different Celica's I can accept:

1) First gen: A SUPER stylish and very comfortable, affordable, reliable grand touring car
    2) st165
    3) st185
    4) st205

At this point in the game, is there any reason for Toyota not to consider getting back into the game with a st225? Beat the Focus RS & STi

At the least compete with the Type R.
    I wish. But I just don't see it happening. Two door cars just don't sell. There is more a chance for Toyota to make a Corolla competitor to the RS and STi than there is to bringing back the Celica. People want utility and space in vehicles, and unfortunately cars are just too expensive to have two of them.

Cars
    NB Miata
    Likes (Received)
    Welp, so I guess Toyota IS going to move the FRS under the Toyota brand as the 86 and NOT keep the FRS name.