Close
    Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)

Interviewing Toyota S-FR

GazooRacing interviewed Toyota S-FR founders/designers. Pretty interesting article.

http://gazooracing.com/eventexhibiti...cialinterview/
    Likes Asone, Dan76Japan, cyde01 liked this post

Balance is everything

Cars
    in between cars
    Likes (Received)
    great interview! concerning the powertrain, mori-san is quoted as saying a naturally aspirated high revving engine at 6kg/ps would be ideal. the monospec scion frs manual is 1251kg, at 200ps that would put it at 6.255 kg/ps. so the ideal specs would give the S-FR better power/weight ratio than the frs! at 160ps, the weight would be 960kg, or 2117 lbs! here's to hoping they can release the car with their ideal specs!
    Likes Vertignasse, Ichitaka05 liked this post

Cars
    Peugeot 205gti 2008 Hilux
    Likes (Received)
    I viewed it in Firefox and couldn't find a way to translate it. Little help ????

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DjB View Post
    I viewed it in Firefox and couldn't find a way to translate it. Little help ????
    If you can't read Japanese, I'll recommend using Chrome. Chrome will translate it for you.
    Likes DjB liked this post

Balance is everything

Cars
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichitaka05 View Post
    If you can't read Japanese, I'll recommend using Chrome. Chrome will translate it for you.
    Which I can't.... Thanks

Cars
    Toyota SW20 turbo. Suzuki Every Turbo
    Likes (Received)
    translate.Google.com copy and paste the URL into the translation box and choose from Japanese to your language.

I could only test on my phone and it does not seem to work.
    Last edited by OKASFR; 01-14-2016 at 05:56 AM. Reason: May not work

Cars
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OKASFR View Post
    translate.Google.com copy and paste the URL into the translation box and choose from Japanese to your language.

I could only test on my phone and it does not seem to work.
    Thanks...... It's an interesting article. No new news but a great insight into the people responsible.

Unfortunately the translation left some gaps in between languages, but I got the idea of what the article was about.

Cars
    Z3
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
    great interview! concerning the powertrain, mori-san is quoted as saying a naturally aspirated high revving engine at 6kg/ps would be ideal. the monospec scion frs manual is 1251kg, at 200ps that would put it at 6.255 kg/ps. so the ideal specs would give the S-FR better power/weight ratio than the frs! at 160ps, the weight would be 960kg, or 2117 lbs! here's to hoping they can release the car with their ideal specs!
    2117 lbs is amazing. That's Lotus Elise weight! And without having a sit on a completely stripped down aluminum tub.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
    Better power/weight ratio should mean better performance than the FRS/BRZ so wouldn't that severely hurt sales of the 86 twins? Would Toyota let that happen?

Cars
    NB Miata
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
    2117 lbs is amazing. That's Lotus Elise weight! And without having a sit on a completely stripped down aluminum tub.
    Not even close, it's ~100lbs heavier than the heaviest current gen and ~520lbs heavier than the 1st gen.

Cars
    in between cars
    Likes (Received)
    who knows, at this point, we just know that it is the desire of the engineers. whether it can be done and meet the msrp targets and whether others in toyota would allow it is a complete mystery.
    Likes Administrator liked this post