Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichitaka05 View Post
    Ah~ this reminds me of dark ages with FT-86 Concept. Over an year of no solid info, just random BS auto blog articles.
    Yep. A lot of months with us arguing over the possible name of the car and random photoshops of variants we wanted to see. Still waiting on my Ichi-wagon version...

I'm usually not an over the top look at me kind of guy but I like this racing concept for some reason
    Likes Ichitaka05 liked this post

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzagz94 View Post
    Yep. A lot of months with us arguing over the possible name of the car and random photoshops of variants we wanted to see. Still waiting on my Ichi-wagon version...

I'm usually not an over the top look at me kind of guy but I like this racing concept for some reason
    My PC broke & lost photoshop... but see what I can do bout that
    Likes zigzagz94 liked this post

Balance is everything

Cars
    2013 BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    What's wrong with good old fashioned red taillamps? Why must we altezza all the things?
    It's not 2005 anymore....
    Likes DjB liked this post

Cars
    /
    Likes (Received)
    My photoshop skills are sub-par, but I wanted to see how the car looked with a smaller grill, since its size throws off the proportions of the car in my opinion, especially on the side the huge grill makes it look like a tiny whale, but thats harder to PS:

Comparison:
    normal large grill:

PSed smaller grill:

Likes carboy liked this post

Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragawn View Post
    My photoshop skills are sub-par, but I wanted to see how the car looked with a smaller grill, since its size throws off the proportions of the car in my opinion, especially on the side the huge grill makes it look like a tiny whale, but thats harder to PS:

Comparison:
    normal large grill:
    PSed smaller grill:
    I see what you mean! I like your version!

Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Likes (Received)
    I think it needs a nosejob.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cars
    2004 Subaru STi (dd) 1987 Porsche 944 (summer beater) 2003 Nissan 350Z (highly modded track car)
    Likes (Received)
    As much as i like the idea of the S-FR and see where it falls in the street car market, I don't see where the racing concept would be able to race competitively at any sort of reasonable value. Even if the bodywork is not carbon, to build the car as it is in these pics is a $50,000+ build, assuming a FIA homologated roll cage, with the center lock wheels, wing, diffuser, and other bits I can see that have gone into the design. It'll be too slow without a much more powerful engine to run in either FIA GT4 or the Super GT GT300 class. The only place I could see it working is in one of the slower classes in the Nurburgring VLN series or in in the 24 hour series that is starting next year with the 24 Hours of Dubai.

Cars
    e30 r50 Mini
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by kfoote View Post
    As much as i like the idea of the S-FR and see where it falls in the street car market, I don't see where the racing concept would be able to race competitively at any sort of reasonable value. Even if the bodywork is not carbon, to build the car as it is in these pics is a $50,000+ build, assuming a FIA homologated roll cage, with the center lock wheels, wing, diffuser, and other bits I can see that have gone into the design. It'll be too slow without a much more powerful engine to run in either FIA GT4 or the Super GT GT300 class. The only place I could see it working is in one of the slower classes in the Nurburgring VLN series or in in the 24 hour series that is starting next year with the 24 Hours of Dubai.
    I could see it working in one of the smaller World Challenge classes. That would be pretty great to watch.
    http://www.world-challenge.com/pirel...car-facts.html

EDIT: The base non-racing concept version would work for WC. Which I would still want to watch.
    Last edited by swimstarguy; 12-04-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Cars
    2004 Subaru STi (dd) 1987 Porsche 944 (summer beater) 2003 Nissan 350Z (highly modded track car)
    Likes (Received)
    I think it would be too underpowered to be competitive for TC, and it's beyond the prep limits of anything they'd allow in TC-A. I could see a modified street S-FR in TC-A if given enough power to be competitive, but not the Racing Concept.

Going back to the ND Miata comparison, in the IMSA Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge series, it is highly unlikely that they are going to let the ND Miata run in the ST class because it would require too many modifications to get enough power to be competitive, even compared to the NC Miatas. Most of the teams that had been running NC Miatas have already announced that they're going to be running different cars next year. For whatever reason, they all seem to be moving to the Cayman GT4 in the GS class.

Cars
    in between cars
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    Begs the question why does Toyota tease for so long? Do they need that long of a period and that many concept versions to gauge the market for the cars? If not, aren't they risking more by having an overly long tease period where people are bored of the car before it even gets to market (like the NSX).
    it's not just toyota and the nsx. the z-car, gt-r, s2000, rx-8, all went through this process, with the new rx-car and porsche's electric car still going through it now. it's kind of an industry wide thing.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzagz94 View Post
    Was bored at work, so used online photoshop and did quick photochopping & fix few parts I didn't like bout S-FR RC
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes zigzagz94, Dragawn, carboy liked this post

Balance is everything

Cars
    in between cars
    Likes (Received)
    you know for some reason i'm bothered less by the headlights and huge grille in hot hatch form.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    That Hot Hatch is awesome. Thanks Ichi. A hatch would make this little car a lot more practical for people trying to use it as their only DD.

Cars
    /
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
    you know for some reason i'm bothered less by the headlights and huge grille in hot hatch form.
    Because it's more in proportion! I love the wagon, thanks ichi. I wouldn't mind an actual wagon version of that car, gives a nice amount of cargo space, for lugging bought furniture around.

Cars
    WRX
    Likes (Received)
    Hot hatch FTW!

This is one quirky car with personality, I love it. You just don't see anyone making interesting looking designs anymore.
    Likes OKASFR liked this post