Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Cars
    Z3
    Likes (Received)

SF-R interior - what stays and what goes?

I rather like the S-FR concept's interior. Which parts do you guys think would make production and what won't?

Cars
    FRS
    Likes (Received)
    Doubt most of those nice gauges will make production. Not if they are trying for a sub $20k price point at any rate.

Cars
    '13 FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
    Doubt most of those nice gauges will make production. Not if they are trying for a sub $20k price point at any rate.
    Yeah, with the estimated price point no way you are going to get that nicer than FR-S display screen - going to be cheap needle gauges with no oil pressure/oil temp readout... If there's one thing I'd want in the interior it would be that dash display!

I foresee the door pockets and door cards being simpler in design - less hexagonally in pattern...

HVAC controls changed as well (those are way better than what comes on the base FR-S!)

Hazard switch will not be that nice...going to be the simple cheesy triangle button.

Seats will probably not have the weird pattern details on them or the different colored piping...

Steering wheel will probably be bare without any controls on it... which is fine by me!

What looks to be a glass roof hopefully won't make production...

I foresee an LCD display headunit being installed and cluttering up the dash unfortunately...because mandated backup camera requirements coming into effect and the like...
    Likes Tcoat liked this post

My FR-S: 13' Asphalt, 6MT

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Well, they are using a lot of 86 parts (like steering wheel, seats, shift knob, ebrake & few others)... but don't expect digital guage to be in the production nor any other fancy stuff
    Balance is everything

Cars
    Want S-FR
    Likes (Received)
    1. LCD - I hope that the full LCD display does make it into production, or at lease some type of hybrid. The interior is so sparse it would be nice to see that as a main feature.
    2. A/V - My preference is double din but I'm also excited to see this new audio setup for smartphone or USB device. Not sure how much it cuts down on cost but I like the clean look. A small covered compartment would be nice to hide a USB stick, all I can see now is the A/V platform (maybe another USB in glove box, if it has one). Backup cam into LCD display or rear view mirror.
    3. Seat - I like the FRS seats and hope they stay.
    4. Roof - I want to try the panoramic roof, if made available as an option.
    5. Armrest - For DD I hope to see a bit of soft materials on doors but not a huge deal.
    6. Center console - I'm sure the placement of the ebrake is good but it maybe shave it down a little on the rear or different console design. I'm okay with a single cup holder.

Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Likes (Received)
    I hope they remove the ugly square controls on the steering wheel - looks like an afterthought.
    And I'd like to see a proper armrest and heated seats, like the GT86.

Cars
    AE86, GT86
    Likes (Received)
    I think you'll end up with the usual Scion downgrading of spec as happened with the FRS.

Probably in the UK we'll end up with the nice stuff at a much higher price though.

I really hope they keep the dash though, after using a low spec dash in Japan in a poverty spec GT86, there is a serious difference to the nicer higher spec one. The interior I think looks production ready, so I hope it doesn't change at all. Wonder if they'll just put a felt rooflining in though as it might be noisy if that is just a sheet stuck to the inside of the roof.

I think most will want a head unit and sat nav option, but there is plenty of room for that above the USB ports.
    Likes Sarlacc, Tcoat liked this post

Director of UK GT86 BRZ Drivers Club, long term owner of many Toyotas!
    1985 AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex, HKS cams, 4-1 manifold and Tanabe Medallion exhaust. Work Meister S1's.
    2013 GT86 Miltek Exhaust, decat/overpipe Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro

Cars
    BMW
    Likes (Received)
    I really like the interior. It looks simple and modern. It also looks really production ready; unlike with other crazy looking concepts. I hope it stays really close to the concept.

Did a simple flip to see how it would look as a LHD.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cars
    Hot Lava Scion FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Anyone else think that e-brake just looks weird?

Cars
    Civic Si
    Likes (Received)
    There isn't that much concept (i.e. wild and unlikely for production) about this car's interior and exterior which is good to see. Hate seeing a concept that I really like only to not have it be made because it's just too wild and unrealistic, or be made but have much of its styling and features nerfed for production.

In the S-FR concept interior, things that likely definitely wouldn't make production are the digital gauge (shame), glass roof and the small controller screen on the steering wheel. Seats also wouldn't be race buckets.

Cars
    Civic Si
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    Where's there an e-brake? I just see physical handbrake.

Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    Where's there an e-brake? I just see physical handbrake.
    It has been my understanding that the terms "parking brake", "hand brake" and "emergency brake" are used as being synonymous and interchangeable. Have I got it wrong?

And yes, I think it looks weird.
    Likes carboy, Tcoat liked this post

Cars
    Civic Si
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    It has been my understanding that the terms "parking brake", "hand brake" and "emergency brake" are used as being synonymous and interchangeable. Have I got it wrong?

Oh I thought by e-brake he was referring to a switch-activated electronic parking brake.

Cars
    Want S-FR
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post

Agree IMO
    Likes Sarlacc liked this post

Cars
    '13 FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    There isn't that much concept (i.e. wild and unlikely for production) about this car's interior and exterior which is good to see. Hate seeing a concept that I really like only to not have it be made because it's just too wild and unrealistic, or be made but have much of its styling and features nerfed for production.

In the S-FR concept interior, things that likely definitely wouldn't make production are the digital gauge (shame), glass roof and the small controller screen on the steering wheel. Seats also wouldn't be race buckets.
    Those are the stock 86/FR-S seats, just with some aesthetic plastic bumps and piping put on them, and reworked upper and lower cushions because of narrower interior width...

I really hope the Recaro Sportster CS will fit in there, I'd hate to sell that seat!