Close
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 145

Thread: Off Topic

  1. #121
    Senior Member Ichitaka05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    BRZ
    Location
    Mid-of-Nowhere
    Posts
    151
    Likes (Received)
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    A whole bunch.

    How about a house near the beach on Bali? Low cost of living index, nice weather most of the time.
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-...-46361257.html
    Initial investments: $200k
    Food & stuff & fun: $20k/year

    I figure I'll need about a million USD to just leave and never come back. So if you find your donor, let me know.
    $1M? I can spent that on car parts alone lol
    Likes Sarlacc, Nevermore liked this post
     
    Balance is everything

  2. #122
    Member Tcoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    FRS
    Location
    London, Ontario.
    Posts
    78
    Likes (Received)
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    A whole bunch.

    How about a house near the beach on Bali? Low cost of living index, nice weather most of the time.
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-...-46361257.html
    Initial investments: $200k
    Food & stuff & fun: $20k/year

    I figure I'll need about a million USD to just leave and never come back. So if you find your donor, let me know.
    I would probably last about1 month, be bored silly and want to get the hell outta there.
    Likes Sarlacc liked this post
     

  3. #123
    Member Nevermore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    Hot Lava Scion FR-S
    Location
    Bust of Pallas
    Posts
    58
    Likes (Received)
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
    I would probably last about1 month, be bored silly and want to get the hell outta there.
    Really? I guess I'm just better at being lazy...

  4. #124
    Member Sarlacc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Location
    Behind the wheel
    Posts
    58
    Likes (Received)
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
    I would probably last about1 month, be bored silly and want to get the hell outta there.
    Why? You can bless the forums with your infinite wisdom while drinking weak beer there too?

    But seriously though. It's a base in a low cost country, close to an international airport. Good food, friendly people. Lower crime rates than Oslo.
    And I'd buy a boat there on Bali. Just a little one with a frisky engine. Go cruising, fishing, whatever.
    I can easily see myself spending summers here in Norway, use the Bali house the rest of the year; and go see the world as much as the budget allows.

  5. #125
    Senior Member Ichitaka05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    BRZ
    Location
    Mid-of-Nowhere
    Posts
    151
    Likes (Received)
    63
    Hm... Unexpected trip might be happening... Do I have the budget? Only time will tell lol
    Balance is everything

  6. #126
    Member Tcoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    FRS
    Location
    London, Ontario.
    Posts
    78
    Likes (Received)
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    Why? You can bless the forums with your infinite wisdom while drinking weak beer there too?

    But seriously though. It's a base in a low cost country, close to an international airport. Good food, friendly people. Lower crime rates than Oslo.
    And I'd buy a boat there on Bali. Just a little one with a frisky engine. Go cruising, fishing, whatever.
    I can easily see myself spending summers here in Norway, use the Bali house the rest of the year; and go see the world as much as the budget allows.
    Yes, as a base for further travel or a part time retreat certainly. As a place to just park and be done with it all I would be very bored very quickly.
    Likes Sarlacc liked this post
     

  7. #127
    Member Sarlacc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Location
    Behind the wheel
    Posts
    58
    Likes (Received)
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
    ....just park and be done with it all I would be very bored very quickly.
    Yeah, we're not that old, either of us.

  8. #128
    Junior Member whoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    hachi-roku
    Location
    in the belly
    Posts
    17
    Likes (Received)
    11
    y'all better be like at least 50 if you guys are calling each other old.
    Likes Sarlacc liked this post
     
    twitter :: instagram

  9. #129
    Member Sarlacc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Location
    Behind the wheel
    Posts
    58
    Likes (Received)
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by whoster View Post
    y'all better be like at least 50 if you guys are calling each other old.
    Well, the Tcoat is kinda old. He's like a hundred or whatever.
    He keeps talking about the golden days when wheels were made of wood and hand cranks and stuff.
    I don't even remember the 60's.
    Likes Tcoat liked this post
     

  10. #130
    Member Nevermore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    Hot Lava Scion FR-S
    Location
    Bust of Pallas
    Posts
    58
    Likes (Received)
    17
    I've never followed a press release before. Where can I go to see Mazda's Tokyo Motor Show unveiling of their new sports car?

    EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm pretty stoked.
    Last edited by Nevermore; 10-27-2015 at 06:54 AM.

  11. #131
    Senior Member Ichitaka05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    BRZ
    Location
    Mid-of-Nowhere
    Posts
    151
    Likes (Received)
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    I've never followed a press release before. Where can I go to see Mazda's Tokyo Motor Show unveiling of their new sports car?

    EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm pretty stoked.
    I know everyone is excited... but meh, I'm not holding my breath on anything
    Likes Tcoat liked this post
     
    Balance is everything

  12. #132
    Member Nevermore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    Hot Lava Scion FR-S
    Location
    Bust of Pallas
    Posts
    58
    Likes (Received)
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichitaka05 View Post
    I know everyone is excited... but meh, I'm not holding my breath on anything
    I'm less excited since it has a rotary.

  13. #133
    Senior Member Ichitaka05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    BRZ
    Location
    Mid-of-Nowhere
    Posts
    151
    Likes (Received)
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    I'm less excited since it has a rotary.
    It's SkyActivR... Yeah... like SkyActiv gonna help w rotary.

    But don't get me wrong, love rotary... Except for the seal lol
    Balance is everything

  14. #134
    Member Tcoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    FRS
    Location
    London, Ontario.
    Posts
    78
    Likes (Received)
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    Well, the Tcoat is kinda old. He's like a hundred or whatever.
    He keeps talking about the golden days when wheels were made of wood and hand cranks and stuff.
    I don't even remember the 60's.
    I remember the 60s it is parts of the mid to late 70s I don't remember.
    Likes Sarlacc liked this post
     

  15. #135
    Member Sarlacc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Location
    Behind the wheel
    Posts
    58
    Likes (Received)
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
    I remember the 60s it is parts of the mid to late 70s I don't remember.
    I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

    And... What were we talking about?
    Likes Hoahao, Tcoat liked this post
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •