Close

View Poll Results: Manual transmission only - Good idea?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep it manual only

7 41.18%
  • No, it should be offered as an auto

10 58.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cars
    AE86, GT86
    Likes (Received)
    I think it's far more different in Europe though and the UK. More of our cars are manual than auto and I sincerely hope it stays that way.

But in the UK, a manual is for the purists, it's more involving and more fun and more popular.

In saying all that, autos are very popular in Japan, so I'm sure there will be an auto gearbox option.
    Last edited by Lauren; 10-10-2015 at 12:58 AM.
    Director of UK GT86 BRZ Drivers Club, long term owner of many Toyotas!
    1985 AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex, HKS cams, 4-1 manifold and Tanabe Medallion exhaust. Work Meister S1's.
    2013 GT86 Miltek Exhaust, decat/overpipe Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro

Cars
    BMW
    Likes (Received)
    IMO, if Toyota wants this car to have good to decent sales; than a automatic is a must.
    Likes Tcoat, Ultramaroon liked this post

Cars
    in between cars
    Likes (Received)
    I gotta admit i'm part of the "do you even clutch bro" crowd lol, but i still voted for auto because i think it increases the chance of the car being successful. They've already stated they are targeting first time buyers, would make all the more sense to offer an auto.

Cars
    SC300 5-speed
    Likes (Received)
    Interesting. I personally like that they're starting out or keeping it M/T only. With only 130hp to kick around I think that's a great way to encourage wringing out the engine and having fun with the car. I can't imagine a trick & fast shifting automatic trans will stay with the weight target and keep the price point down. If that doesn't suit a potential buyer there are other models in the lineup.

I mean, so far Ford has been doing this with their Focus ST an Fiesta ST and they seem to be doing fine. Fiat did the same with early 500T's and 500 Abarths.

Nothing against folks who want an automatic though.