Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cars
    Toyota S-FR
    Likes (Received)

Post Toyota S-FR tech specs revealed (130 HP / 2160 lbs)

We've been tipped on the S-FR technical specs and pricing target. Here are the important figures (translated from below):

• 2NR-FKE engine (tuned version of the one used in Japan's Corolla, now with direct injection and revised ports)
    • 1.5L inline 4 cylinder dual-overhead cam (DOHC)
    • 130 PS / 15.1kgf.m (109.2 lb-ft torque)
    • Aisin 6 Speed Transmission only (no automatic)
    • Fuel consumption: 20.0km/l (47 mpg) (Japanese test cycle)
    • Regular gasoline (no premium needed)
    • Weight: 980kg (2160 lbs)
    • Suspension: Front struts / double wishbone rear
    • 3990 mm length, 1695 mm width, 1320 mm height, 2480 mm wheelbase
    • Estimated price (Japan) is $10k (USD equivalent) less than the current Miata
      • Note: 1.5L Miata is $20.8k including tax in Japan, S-FR is estimated to be $12.5k including tax

Keep in mind that this is for the Japanese market S-FR. Other markets (such as U.S.) may or may not be powered by a different engine and may receive an automatic option.

Name:  sfr-specs-1.jpg
Views: 22403
Size:  107.3 KB

Name:  sfr-specs-2.jpg
Views: 25134
Size:  113.2 KB

Name:  sfr-specs-3.jpg
Views: 22201
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  sfr-specs-4.jpg
Views: 21290
Size:  76.0 KB

Name:  sfr-specs-5.jpg
Views: 22617
Size:  95.1 KB

Name:  sfr1.jpg
Views: 35145
Size:  263.1 KB

Name:  sfr4.jpg
Views: 21310
Size:  167.1 KB

Name:  sfr7.jpg
Views: 24717
Size:  124.8 KB

Name:  sfr2.jpg
Views: 21643
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  sfr3.jpg
Views: 21208
Size:  101.7 KB

Name:  sfr5.jpg
Views: 21275
Size:  151.7 KB
    Likes Sarlacc, Callie, Pufferfish, Panzer, einzlr liked this post

Cars
    Miata
    Likes (Received)
    I dig them specs! That's amazing pricing if they hold to the same % in the US!

130hp doesnt sound like much but 2160 pounds is not a lot to pull around. This thing is gonna be fun.
    Likes einzlr liked this post

Cars
    2001 BMW M Coupe + others
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pufferfish View Post
    I dig them specs! That's amazing pricing if they hold to the same % in the US!

130hp doesnt sound like much but 2160 pounds is not a lot to pull around. This thing is gonna be fun.
    Exactly what I thought when I saw it in Autoweek. There's pretty much no way it'll sticker for US$10k in the US, but we can hope for under $25k (or even under $20k as others have said). I hope they do bring it here. Can't wait!

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Balance is everything

Cars
    2013 FR-S: Kosei K1 TS 17x7, OE camber bolts, Berk single-exit muffler delete
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichitaka05 View Post
    He does make some fair points about how the process of developing complex products, like cars, occurs.

Although, from a marketing standpoint I'd be all for just about anything that gains international attention for a new product. Play into the rumors, offer coy remarks that don't confirm anything but elude to exciting specs/details. Unless of course the specs that were leaked were better than what we actually knew we could do...
    "What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?"

2013 FR-S:17x7 Kosei K1 TS track/autox wheels, Berk single-exit muffler delete, and PMU Club Racer track pads.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shark_bait88 View Post
    He does make some fair points about how the process of developing complex products, like cars, occurs.

Although, from a marketing standpoint I'd be all for just about anything that gains international attention for a new product. Play into the rumors, offer coy remarks that don't confirm anything but elude to exciting specs/details. Unless of course the specs that were leaked were better than what we actually knew we could do...
    I do agree... but at the same time, which & what Toyota manager?

Can't say much, but this project is under ZR department which is pretty high up of the Toyota/Lexus Racing/Gazoo Racing department. No ordinary Toyota manager gonna know tiniest info about this.

& if you guys are wondering, Tada-san, who is Chief Engineer for FT-86 is the head of ZR department & no, hes not a Chief Engineer for this project, but he do over look this project (if that make sense).
    Likes shark_bait88 liked this post

Balance is everything

Cars
    FRS
    Likes (Received)
    Admin,
    I was hoping you would comment on this Blog article and clear up where the tech data came from. If it is indeed still just rumour then that should be made clear. It is understood that you may not be able to say much but the way it was presented it appeared to be at least semi official.

Cars
    2013 Toyota GT86
    Likes (Received)
    Interesting. But can we trust a man who doesn't even know how to spell Genchi Genbutsu (現地現物)?
    I think not.

Also, "a well–informed Toyota manager"... No name given...
    I can call one of those right now and get an earful of
    "If it's on the internet and I haven't been told then it's lies. LIES, I say. Oh, and the next generation GT86 will be hybrid. But don't tell anyone, it's a well-guarded secret."

Cars
    FRS
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    Interesting. But can we trust a man who doesn't even know how to spell Genchi Genbutsu (現地現物)?
    I think not.

Also, "a well–informed Toyota manager"... No name given...
    I can call one of those right now and get an earful of
    "If it's on the internet and I haven't been told then it's lies. LIES, I say. Oh, and the next generation GT86 will be hybrid. But don't tell anyone, it's a well-guarded secret."
    Reading through the man's other post can be very entertaining actually. Unfortunately he is not the only one stating the specs are not official.
    Likes Sarlacc liked this post

Cars
    WRX
    Likes (Received)
    No auto wow. Really aiming this one at the enthusiasts. So it's a Toyota engine after all. What does the 2NR-FKE rev up to?
    Likes Administrator liked this post

Cars
    Civic Si
    Likes (Received)
    That price tho, very very nice. Gonna be so fun to whip this thing around and i gotta say it looks better in these pics.

Cars
    Golf
    Likes (Received)
    I'm pleased with the specs. Will the US possibly see - bigger engine and an auto tho? #pleasedontlynchmeforaskingaboutauto

Cars
    Toyotas
    Likes (Received)
    Probably not many have heard of the 2NR-FKE engine. It's the engine used in the current Corolla in Japan. It has more power in the S-FR by way of direct injection and revised port design.

Features include Atkinson-to-Otto cycle capability, electric VVT-iE and intake port shape optimized for strong vertical tumble flow, near-hybrid maximum thermal efficiency of 38%
    Last edited by Toyo Guy; 10-09-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Cars
    FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    In case anyone is interested, the link to that site that listed those specs. LINK

Also, some of those info were already there back in May. LINK

Cars
    2013 FR-S: Kosei K1 TS 17x7, OE camber bolts, Berk single-exit muffler delete
    Likes (Received)
    Diggin' these specs, but still don't expect them to be the same in the US. We'll see though. I love the idea of it having a Toyota sourced engine!