Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    I wanna be hardcore and say function over convenience, but yeah... a fastback would be nice for all those grocery runs :-)
    Lets face it, what so functional about this car anyways. You barely fit a person in there! lol
    Likes Sarlacc liked this post

Balance is everything

Cars
    Hot Lava Scion FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    I love me some fastback. It should stay fastback, or come fastback, whichever. I'd take out those back seats though...

Cars
    in between cars
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    I wanna be hardcore and say function over convenience, but yeah... a fastback would be nice for all those grocery runs :-)
    not just grocery runs but spare tires when going to the track, car jacks, tools, etc.
    Likes Sarlacc liked this post

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
    not just grocery runs but spare tires when going to the track, car jacks, tools, etc.
    I've very unique feeling about this. A LOT of 86/BRZ owners claim that after they get the car, they gonna track... but in the end, they don't. I totally know how they feel. We're talking about +$20k brand new car avoiding the car to track it? I used to track my Impreza, but now, I'm just autox'ing instead (it's safer than track).

Even this car is <$20k, people will hesitate to track it. IMO
    Balance is everything

Cars
    in between cars
    Likes (Received)
    lol i could see that happening to me... still autox would be worth it to get this car.

Cars
    '13 FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    I would have tracked my FR-S a lot more than once if the Boxer motor didn't make the car so unreliable with all the issues it brought with it in this specific application... not a fan of the boxer motor generally, this the third car with one I've had experience with...I should have learned by now! LOL

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
    lol i could see that happening to me... still autox would be worth it to get this car.
    Are you willing to cry & pray that it didn't dent your car every time you hit a cone? Cuz I can tell you, my BRZ do have several small lines of dent and scuff marks that's not gonna come out... from autox'ing. lol
    Balance is everything

Cars
    Hot Lava Scion FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichitaka05 View Post
    Are you willing to cry & pray that it didn't dent your car every time you hit a cone? Cuz I can tell you, my BRZ do have several small lines of dent and scuff marks that's not gonna come out... from autox'ing. lol
    I've only been twice, but didn't hit a single cone either time. I was also second to last person every time too, though.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    I've only been twice, but didn't hit a single cone either time. I was also second to last person every time too, though.
    Never been near last place... well maybe in my class (STX), but in overall I'm always in the mid or above mid.
    Balance is everything

Cars
    Hot Lava Scion FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    Never been near last place... well maybe in my class (STX), but in overall I'm always in the mid or above mid.
    I was up against Porsches and little British sports cars that made our cars look like pigs, with my stock car on stock tires. It was a pretty tough field for a newbie.

I wonder if the S-FR being lighter would help it that much more around the cones in a stock setup.

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    I was up against Porsches and little British sports cars that made our cars look like pigs, with my stock car on stock tires. It was a pretty tough field for a newbie.

I wonder if the S-FR being lighter would help it that much more around the cones in a stock setup.
    Stock FRS beat my ass before. Funny & mind blowing one was Yaris w 200 tread tire sometimes beat me. Fit in STF sometimes get fastest raw time out of anyone here. We're talking bout <200hp best 500whp corvett, mustang, 911 & so on.

It's all bout who drives the car.
    Balance is everything

Cars
    BRZ
    Likes (Received)
    Stock FRS beat my ass before. Funny & mind blowing one was Yaris w 200 tread tire sometimes beat me. Fit in STF sometimes get fastest raw time out of anyone here. We're talking bout <200hp best 500whp corvett, mustang, 911 & so on.

It's all bout who drives the car.
    when it comes to autocross it can be all about the course too. I've seen some autocross courses where a tiny car like the Yaris can handle it no problem, but larger Corvettes and muscle cars actually need to do 3 point turns in places. Kinda insane really but with cones sometimes courses can be too tight for all but the smallest.
    Likes Ichitaka05, Nevermore liked this post

Cars
    '13 FR-S
    Likes (Received)
    This vehicle right here I ran midfield in a group of about 300 drivers in sportscars and was fighting for 1st and 2nd with a late 80's civic hatcback and Hyundai S coupe in STF class (usually about 6 or so cars in the group) right before I stopped autocrossing it...

I feel sorry for the Miata, S2000, WRX, BMW M3, Corvette, and other newbie drivers who must have been depressed being beat by near stock Tacoma....naaaaaa. LOL

Stock height extended cab that was fully function as a truck... nearly 122" wheelbase but not too wide....Weee HaaaaW! Staying far enough from the cones with the front to not hit them with the rear as it tracked in was the hardest part....

Ran it for 4 years and took an Evolution Phase I Autocross school with it as well...
    Last edited by Vracer111; 10-14-2015 at 06:38 PM.
    Likes Ichitaka05 liked this post

My FR-S: 13' Asphalt, 6MT