PDA

View Full Version : What is a realistic but optimistic release date for this?

Dennis
11-03-2015, 06:07 PM
In other words, best case scenario? I'm actually in the market for an inexpensive sports car and am in love with the sfr. If it came out within a year my mind would be made up. It looks almost production ready even though it's a concept. What are your thoughts?

Also, hi everyone.

OKASFR
11-03-2015, 06:38 PM
It won't come out within a year. Toyota already stated that even if they start production now it would take two years to market.

The FRS was concept announced in about 2007, and didn't make market till 2012, so the SFR will probably come out in 2020 in Japan. I hope I'm wrong though, I'm hoping 2018 will be more likely.

Tcoat
11-03-2015, 06:39 PM
In other words, best case scenario? I'm actually in the market for an inexpensive sports car and am in love with the sfr. If it came out within a year my mind would made up. It looks almost production ready even though it's a concept. What are your thoughts?

Also, hi everyone.
From the interview that they made it very clear it is still a concept only the only answer is between next year and never (not being a smartass that is as much as anybody knows). We don't even have any official statement it will even come to North America. My guess is that if they do release it then the announcement would be made in September when most of the new model years are revealed.

Sarlacc
11-04-2015, 07:53 AM
Hi Dennis, welcome.

Have you looked at used FR-S and BRZ?
If you can find one that is unmolested and unmodified, it could be a good buy.

Dennis
11-05-2015, 08:21 PM
I want this car so bad it's driving me nuts. I'm sitting here every day checking these forums for new info. Ugh.

I did really want the BRZ but I kinda fell outta in love with it.

OKASFR
11-05-2015, 10:34 PM
I want this car so bad it's driving me nuts. I'm sitting here every day checking these forums for new info. Ugh.

I'm exactly the same. I'm going to wait. I almost bought a BRZ/86 last month. But the same day I went to look I saw this little beast.

I want one in TE27 green.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/053_ToyotaSprinterTE27.jpg

Sarlacc
11-06-2015, 07:42 AM
If I may ask... did you drive one?

I'm going to wait
I get it. I waited for the GT86. I did have other cars, though. Still do.

Dennis
11-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Yeah I test drove one. Overall the price I think is holding me back.

carboy
11-06-2015, 03:21 PM
I also test drove two and I liked it, reminded me of my old S13's. But the car overall didn't push me to the point of buying. SFR is more my style and price point.

OKASFR
11-06-2015, 04:11 PM
I get it. I waited for the GT86. I did have other cars, though. Still do.

Yeah, I've an MR2 turbo I can drive if I get itchy feet.